Our sustainable programme
BEHIND THE LABEL
An update on our sustainable actions and objectives.
Château ARBO is committed to a more sustainable way of production,
by paying particular attention to the selection of our raw materials,
our production methods and suppliers.
Here you can find our sustainable programme with past concrete actions,
present and future efforts to reduce our ecological footprint...
and discover what goes on behind the label and in the bottle.
What we have already done:
- – No use of C.M.R. category plant protection products.
- – No anti-botrytis used in favour of prophylactic measures.
- – No use of insecticide.
- – Reduction of product doses phytosanitary when using them we divide the registered dose by up to 4.
- – No mowing of vineyard paths to promote biodiversity and reduce our carbon footprint.
- – Very limited use of chemical weedkillers (herbicide); only once at the beginning of the season, targeting under the row, on our young vines of less than 5 years. Because our mechanical weeding equipment does not allow us to operate otherwise at the risk of breaking the young vines.
- – Certified operation High Environmental ValueWe are also committed to the protection of the environment, with a collection of our wine effluents, traceability and a controlled and monitored phytosanitary strategy. As well as the obligation to respect biodiversity, the management of fertilisation and our water resources.
- – All our inputs are made in EuropeWe are committed to short and local sourcing whenever possible.
Our bottles are manufactured by the VERALIA company in Saint Romain Le Puy (42).
Our corks are manufactured by the DIAMS company in Spain, as close as possible to the place where the cork is harvested.
Our capsules are manufactured by AMCOR in Saint Seurin sur l'Isle (33).
Our labels are manufactured by the company AUTAJON in Gradignan (33).
Our cardboards are manufactured by SMURFIT KAPPA in Saint Seurin sur l'Isle (33) and then printed by the factory in Beychac et Caillau (33).
Our Mini Chocolate bars are made and packed in BELGIUM by the Belgian Chocolate House that we have selected.
- Reduction of packagingWe reduce the amount of packaging used for your wine orders by using FSC and/or recycled cardboard. In addition, we do not use any plastic to pack our shipments.
Provision of an organic composter
In order to welcome you in the best possible way and in a respectful way, we would like to put at the disposal of our guests of "Maison ARBO" a waste composter. In addition to our chickens, which already do a great job of naturally recycling organic waste.
- Enhancing our green spaces
By setting up a flowering fallow from March to November and then mowing them for the winter. This allows a nitrogen contribution to our soils and facilitates maintenance.
A responsible production model, without intermediaries where everything is produced and distributed from us to you! This has been our guiding principle since the creation of Château ARBO and we stick to it.
What we are putting in place:
With a future in constant progress, here are our commitments for the next 12 months.
1. Setting up a recycling programme
A campaign to collect cork stoppers will be organised in order to recycle them, to preserve the cork oak forests. For us, sustainable management of these forests, avoiding waste and encouraging the regrowth of new trees in Europe is essential!
2. Reducing our production footprint
Continue to produce in a more eco-responsible way by engaging our suppliers and service providers in this process and by eliminating conventional plastic in the supply chain.
3.investment in mechanical weeding equipment
In order to abandon chemical weed control on our young plants.